The Ranger Revolver

• GO GREENWOOD RANGERS!

Alpine theater trip ramps up student interest in drama

Theatre trip to Sul Ross University.

By Z. Watson

Theatre trip to Sul Ross University.

Zach Watson, Photo Editor

Z.Watson

Getting on the bus to Alpine

Theatre trip to Sul Ross University.

By Z. Watson
Theatre trip to Sul Ross University.

On Wednesday, November 16, Greenwood one-act and tech theater had the opportunity to go on a field trip to watch a special presentation of Maricela De La Luz Lights the World at Sul Ross in Alpine.

It was a cold morning when we boarded our charter bus, but when eight o’clock hit, we were off!

Z.Watson

Alpine mountain range

The trip lasted around 3 hours getting there. We made no stops, but we got to watch a movie thanks to the charter bus having multiple screens. Sadly half way through our movie, it froze and would not play past a certain point. But that was more of a blessing than not because then we got to just simply visit with one another which was more than OK by me.

We finally drew close to Alpine after what had been a long 3 hours. I was lucky to take this picture coming in through a window, which was no easy feat going around 60 miles-per-hour. dsc_0014

Finally we made it to Sul Ross! It was time to watch our show. Sadly I wasn’t allowed to take pictures inside but I can assure you the play was great, and the theater was amazing.

Afterwards Mrs. Becky Hannah gave us a tour of the grounds because this was where she had gone to school. We made our way to the museum. Sadly I couldn’t get pictures in there either, but it was much fun.

It was a long trip home, and I was super tired, so on the ride back more than half of us fell asleep, and soon we awoke back in Greenwood.

The school news site of Greenwood High School